We are a family run business based in Cinderford in the heart of the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. The company is the long term dream of founder Steve Helsdown who has been a vinyl record fanatic over 40 years. Steve has a background in senior management and decided in 2014 to turn his skills and experience to making his long term passion into a new career.
Steve has grown Forest Vinyl, with the support of his family, from it’s roots at local record fairs in Cheltenham and Bristol. Forest Vinyl Ltd was registered as a limited company in April 2014 at the same time the domain names forestvinyl.co.uk, forestvinyl.com and forestrecords.co.uk were secured. In January 2015 we agreed terms for a licence for our first retail shop and this rather pretty website was launched.
In October 2020 we moved to our current premises – Unit 24, Forest Vale Road, on the Forest Vale Industrial Estate – with 1150 square feet of space and a stock of over 15,000 vinyl albums alone, we believe we are probably one of the largest record shops currently in the South West of England.
Visitors to the shop are made very welcome, with complimentary hot drinks, comfy seating areas and even a listening station – and if you can’t get to us, orders can be placed over the phone and posted out to you, worldwide (we’re happy to do our utmost to track down what you’re looking for in the event we don’t have it immediately in stock) and we also have our Discogs store.
Directions (from Gloucester):
- Follow A40 towards Ross-On-Wye
- From A40 take the A48 signposted Forest of Dean and Chepstow
- Follow the A48 for around 7-8 miles.
- At the Murco Petrol Station turn right onto A4151 Elton Road.
- Follow Elton road for approx 2miles to Littledean then at mini roundabout turn right signposted Cinderford.
- Follow road through Littledean up a steep hill then follow road to the right passing the sign welcoming you to Cinderford.
- Follow Belle Vue Road down the hill towards Cinderford, taking the second exit off the mini roundabout, continuing down the hill through Cinderford town centre.
- Follow the road for just over 1 mile until you pass Nick King Car Sales on your left.
- Then turn next left on to Broadmoor Road B4227 sign posted Forest Vale Industrial Estate.
- Follow the road to Winners Skoda Dealership then follow the road round to the left.
If you get lost please call 01594 825901 for assistance.